Please respond to Sherry Etringer her information is below:
Veridian Credit Union, the largest credit union in the state of Iowa with
assets of nearly $2.3 billion and 171,000 members, is seeking an Operations
The ideal candidate must be proficient in T-SQL and Microsoft SQL Management
Studio with a minimum of 3 years of report writing experience. Familiarity
with relational databases required. Experience with Business Objects and
Crystal Reports a plus
Responsibilities will also include ability to problem solve, multi-task,
manage time efficiently and strong communication skills are necessary.
Experience working with data validation preferred.
Experience working with data validation preferred. Bachelor’s degree in
Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS or equivalent. Attached is
the full job description.
Veridian Credit Union was named to The Principal(r) 10 Best Companies for
Employee Financial Security. Veridian prides itself on providing a
supportive environment where diversity is valued. Qualified candidates must
have a bachelor’s degree. Veridian Credit Union is a progressive employer
with a competitive salary, benefit and incentive package.
JOB TITLE: Operations Analyst
LABOR GRADE: Eleven (Exempt)
DEPARTMENT: Strategic Information Management
REPORTS TO: Manager of Strategic Information
1. Demonstrate a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times on achieving Veridian Experience in the performance of all job responsibilities. The Veridian Experience consists of:
- Service Quality Statement
- Credit Union Philosophy
- Leadership Culture
- 100% Member Delight
- 100% Employee Delight
- Products & Services
- Commitment to Building Relationships, not just selling products
- Sales Strategies
- Belief we are all leaders and followers
2. Participate in life-long learning opportunities.
3. Serve as a liaison between the Data Warehouse function capabilities and operational reporting needs. Primary point of contact for report programming questions. Ensure proper files are applied accurately on a timely basis.
4. Key user of Veridian’s Data Warehouse. This responsibility includes intimate knowledge of reporting tools, system enhancements, software updates, and database builds.
5. Work with key stakeholders to develop and/or modify processes to resolve simple business problems by using IT solutions, includes analysis of business and user needs, documenting business requirements and translating business requirements into functional reports.
6. Consistently work to improve database and reporting tools and programs.
7. Use T-SQL and Crystal reports to create and run queries against the Data Warehouse to gather requested information.
8. Maintain and enhance data integrity of all information connected through the Data Warehouse.
9. Design custom reports as requested by management staff.
10. Support design, build and testing plans for enhancements.
11. Review and evaluate description of changes to database designs.
12. Communicate database changes to affected parties.
13. Assist department managers with software application problems. Analyze and document problems, recommend solutions, initiate corrective actions. Follow-up on problem resolution and inform user of status.
14. Coordinate application enhancements to existing computer software: including analysis, design specifications and liaison between vendors and users.
15. Analyze data extracted from the database and ask questions of inquiry regarding the information to validate accuracy of data.
16. Resolve communications within 24 (at most 48) hours.
17. Lead by asking questions.
18. Practice completion in the moment.
19. Be in leadership stand 100% of the time.
20. Facilitate the prevention of collusion.
21. Take positive actions.
CREDIT UNION AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES:
22. Participate in credit union activities.
23. Play a vital role in enriching our communities.
24. Other duties as requested by Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years experience in systems analysis, with project management highly desired.
- Must have advanced skills and experience in oral communication.
- Must have ability to communicate, motivate, and organize projects among a broad spectrum of credit union personnel, frequently under deadline pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Must be proficient with Crystal Reporting and T-SQL. Experience with Business Objects a plus.
- The ability to work with multiple data sources and validate accuracy of information. Great attention to detail.
- Limited travel may be required.